DaySpring Emmaus of Southern Indiana
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Dayspring Emmaus Community
In the unlikely event that major emergency would happen during an Emmaus Walk – we will implement this plan to help with notifying sponsors, family, and personnel that would need to be contacted in relation to the current walk.
An emergency could include any type of natural disaster (such as the Hurricane winds of Hurricane Ike in the fall of 2008). A disaster could also include a fire or medical emergency.
· The Lay Director and Board Representative on the walk would work together to contact the Board President. The Board President would in turn contact the Executive Board to start the phone tree to notify every one of the situation and any action that needs to be taken.
· The Board President would call the President Elect, the Secretary, the Finance Officer, and the Community Spiritual Director.
o The President Elect would contact the Kitchen and Historian Officer, the Gatherings and Sponsorship officer, and the Information Technologies Officer.
o The Secretary would contact the Community Training Officer, the Prayer and Server Charts Officer, and the Newsletter Officer.
o The Finance Officer would contact the Agape Acts Officer, the Facilities and Transportation Officer, and the Manuals Officer.
o The Spiritual Director would contact the Clergy Liaison Officer, and the Literature, Trailer, and Supplies Officer.
In the event that you cannot reach a board member you are responsible for calling, you will need to call the persons next in line that they were responsible for.
After each of these board members have been contacted, they would then need to contact the sponsors of the pilgrims to inform them of any information that would be needed for them to know. And as new and updated information comes in, these sponsors may need to be contacted multiple times to keep them informed.
· President: Will be in contact with Lay Director and Board Representative on the walk (will call the sponsors that the board rep is responsible for). Will keep the executive committee up to date on any information that needs to be passed on.
· Kitchen and Historian: Call Sponsors with last name beginning with A, B, and C
· Agape Acts: Last name beginning with D, E, and F
· Manuals: Last name beginning with G, H, and I
· Gatherings and Sponsorship: Last name beginning with J, K, and L
· Prayer and Server Charts: Last name beginning with M and N
· Newsletter: Last name beginning with O, P, and Q
· Clergy Liaison: Last name beginning with R and S
· Facilities and Transportation: Last name beginning with T, U, and V
· Literature, Trailer, and Supplies: Last name beginning with W, X, Y, and Z
· Information Technologies: Information posted on website and email updates
· Community Training: Will notify key sponsorship couples at each of the churches
Spiritual Director: Will notify any clergy that would need to be contacted involved with the walks